7.01.2008

lazy + uncoordinated.

equals Ariel. So a couple of years ago in the dead of winter, I bought an aerobics dvd. I must have been depressed about the frigid weather outside to do such a thing. Anyway... I popped in the dvd and watched some really fit ladies doing lots of crazy moves that I could never make my body do... and realized that I'm extremely uncoordinated!! That actually wasn't the first time I had realized that I'm not coordinated AT ALL. Example: gym class from elementary through high school :) Gym was torture. I can't express how glad I was when I hit my senior year and no more gym was required! I just don't do sports/dancing/aerobics/yoga without looking like a total fool! So if I want to exercise, my options are A.walk B.run C.ride my bike. That pretty much sums it up. Well this morning I realllllly didn't want to get on the treadmill, so I thought I'd dust off my aerobics dvd and give it another shot. Come to find out.... this is shocking.... I'm still uncoordinated! I watched those fit ladies again for about 5 minutes and gave up. And then I grabbed a diet dr. pepper and came upstairs to blog. Thus the "lazy" in the title :) I'm making record of this so that next time I think I want to try aerobics, I can look back on this and realize that I will only be setting myself up for failure. Don't do it, Ariel. Get on the treadmill.

3 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

I totally no what you are saying I am so uncordinated as well. My friend and I tried to do pilates one time and we just laughed at ourselves for the longest time because we looked like nerds. I am glad we can be dorks together when it comes to that.

Val said...

This cracked me up! I have a really hard time seeing you as uncoordinated...I'm not sure I believe it. You seem very graceful to me :)

Gina said...

funny post. i went running for the first time since i was 5 months prego and i feel like i was mamed with a baseball bat.