7.27.2008

consider this my postcard.

Well hello, fellow bloggers. I thought I would drop a line since I am the only one awake at 8am here at the cabin. I'm pretty much always the first one up.... except for maybe the families that have babies and toddlers. But I don't hear them yet :) I love getting up early... so let me take a moment to tell all of you sleepers what you're missing. First of all, it isn't blazing hot like it is from 10am-7pm. And the sunrise is amazing up here. But before the sun comes up and it's starting to get light outside {dawn? dusk? twilight? I get them all mixed up. I think it's dawn.}, there are always deer and other fun creatures roaming around in the yard. Yesterday & the day before, I saw a buck hanging out behind the cabin. I like to think it was the same one both mornings. He was pretty fearless. I was standing right there on the deck and he kept walking towards me and then just plopped down and sat in the same place for over an hour. This morning Ispotted 2 deer and a buck {definately the same one from yesterday}. I can't help getting excited when I see wildlife :) Even if it's only deer. Anyway... that's what you're missing, lazies!

We've been having fun up here! I'll probably post about it when we come home later today. And there will be lots of pictures, as usual :)

1 comment:

Chris and Tara said...

I can't believe I missed that. I share your love of wildlife (and moose carvings...)