7.20.2008

home.

Well first of all, I have to say that I'm impressed that Sean actually posted on the blog while I was away. Way to hold down the fort for me, Sean :) I don't think he missed me too much. Apparently he's taken up golfing and spent Friday & Saturday working on his game.

I got home eeeeaaaarrrllly this morning from my short trip to Boise. Basically I flew in late Thursday night, spent Friday and Saturday in the seminar for 8 hours, and flew home first thing today. I literally went outside twice during my stay... once to the pool and once to the parking lot :) Let's just say that I'm a big wuss about doing things by myself in an unfamiliar city. So I didn't see much {any} of Boise. But it was a good seminar with a fun group of people. I always enjoy getting to meet people from all over. I won't bore you with the details, but here are a few highlights:

All the travel went super smoothly {this never happens to me}.

The hotel was overbooked. I think they had given my room away and they wanted me to stay in another hotel on Thursday night in exchange for 2 free nights. I didn't want to do this because I needed to be in the meeting room early to set up {and I had a reservation! doesn't that mean anything??}. SOOO they put me in a suite :) It was pretty nice. I only wished that Sean could have been there to enjoy it with me! I actually got kicked out of the suite on Saturday, but I had two nights of luxury.

I started & finished a book.

I caught 2 of the catering workers at the hotel stealing candy from our meeting room. I was sitting in the back of the room reading before everyone came back from lunch. 2 of the workers came in and one was like "I'm totally taking some of this candy." and he proceeded to take a handful and started chowing down. And then his friend noticed that I was sitting back there, "Dude... she's sitting back there..." and then they giggled nervously and all but ran out of the room :) It was pretty funny!

I'm starting to realize that this is really boring... so I'll stop!

2 comments:

Chris and Tara said...

As an ex-caterer I can tell you that I NEVER stole candy from a group. I did however take cookies, little cakes, mints, and (the best thing ever) eclairs. Usually after the event was over, though. Ü Ah, how I miss those days...

Stephenson and Katie said...

That wasn't boring!! I'm so glad you're home!! Let me know how BATMAN is.... gosh I'm still SO sad! We are the worst friends ever- I'm sorry!!