7.14.2008

actual food, flat tires, spiders.

Sunday we had a fabulous time with some friends {dave & kirsten were there too... but they don't have a blog for me to link to!}. I was glad to have people over for dinner... because it actually motivated me to cook something other than mac & cheese :) Also, it was established that should Sean ever become a boxer, he would like to walk out to the ring with Mr. Sandman playing. An oldie but a goodie, apparently. Sean's a real tough guy.

Heather and I went for a bike ride today. Don't ever ride your bike with semi-flat tires. It makes it much harder. At least my upper thighs got a great workout.

When we got home from our bike ride, there was a MASSIVE spider on my kitchen floor. We think it was camoflaged on the rug and Heather stepped on it... because when we noticed it, it was missing several legs. I should have taken a picture of the device we used to trap it :) Basically it was the lid to one of my pots, but I was too scared to get that close to the spider so I tied some string to the handle and carefully lowered it on top of the spider. Once it was contained, we waited for Sean to get home to get rid of it. I don't do spiders.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Dagley Family said...

Sounds fun! I can handle spiders but definately not in the house. Hey Dave and Kirsten do have a blog. They just started one.
http://daveandkirst.blogspot.com/

Sean said...

I was thinking more on the lines of pro wrestling, me and marty mcfly would be tag team partners.

Morgan said...

Ok so GA has some really huge spiders! Like one of the guys out here caughtt one in a gatorade bottle and I couldn't even be in the same room as the bottle it was later killed by a karate kick on the counter by Nate's friend Jason. While this was going on I proceeded to scream at the top of my lungs on top of a chair. I still am not over it spiders give me the ultimate heebies!

Joanna McGuire said...

It is fun to have friends over, that motivates me to actually cook something. We should invite people over more often. I hate spiders too, yucky

Sue said...

Thanks for letting us come over! After we got home Darin wanted to rearrange our place and put our computer in the hall...brilliant idea!

lil megan said...

Hey Guys-
We are loving season three..thank you so much for letting us borrow them. Sorry about the confusion with season 1, but I gave it back to the Darlings they said they would get it to you. You'll have to give Katie a hard time.
And Ariel I'm with you on the spider thing I found a dead one in Tyler's room and made Kev get rid of it. They just give me the chills.