2.25.2008

why do i bother?

I watched a few minutes of the Academy Awards last night and realized very quickly that it was a huge waste of my time. I hadn't seen a SINGLE movie that was nominated in ANY of the main catagories {best picture, best director, best actor, best actress, best supporting actor & actress, etc.}. The only film I had even considered seeing was Juno... but I have heard mixed reviews. Seems like everyone loved it, but my little sisters were offended and left the theater. I think I'll go with their review. I'm trying not to see so many movies that are "good... except for that one part". Plus, we have pretty similar taste in movies. Anyway, just thought I would vent my frustration! I guess I don't share my taste in movies with the rest of the world. If it were up to me, Dan in Real Life, Lars & The Real Girl & Enchanted would have won everything :) Those were my favorites this past year.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I wated the last little bit and thought it was dumb too! I, also, thought I'd like to see Juno but maybe not.

C+R said...

Agreed...