2.26.2008

one down

I finally watched Funny Girl for the first time... I don't know how I made it this far in life without seeing it! I was totally sold after the roller-skating number. Oh, Fanny (: Some thoughts:

1. I had no idea that Fanny Brice was a real person.
2. I cried my eyes out over stupid Nicky Arnstein. I was deeply unsatisfied with the ending.
3. I have a new-found appreciation for Barbra Streisand.
4. Love the hair & costumes... I wish had been born in the 60's {late 50's-early 60's would have been ideal}.
5. I had heard the song People dozens of times before today, but now I love it! That was my favorite part of the movie.
5. I finally watched one from the list. hooray!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I loved this movie in Jr. High. I can't imagine a life without seeing it :)