2.18.2008

main st.


Instead of cleaning all day & getting ready for DC, I ended up playing with Heather this afternoon! We spent the afternoon browsing & playing through music at Bountiful Music. This is one of our favorite things to do together. It's so fun to go in the back room, sit at the yellow grand piano & learn new music (: Only Heather appreciates this like I do! I special ordered some sheet music & bought a book of music from the musical Beauty & the Beast. Heather got a book of Billy Joel's classical compositions (I like how on his classical music it says "William Joel"... hehe). Then we went over to The Book Garden (a book exchange on Main Street) to do some MORE browsing. We love to look at all the old children's books. They also have an amazing section of classics. However, we were driven out of the paper back classics section by an older couple chomping their gum insanely loud. My find of the day was a book of poems entitled "Ariel". I totally would have bought it had the poems not been by Sylvia Plath. That lady was crazy! Anyone read The Bell Jar? Uh.... psycho!

We didn't buy anything this time... but it was fun to look! After the book store, we ate a yummy lunch at Su Casa. I never get to eat Mexican food unless it's with my family. So I took advantage of the opportunity. It was a wondeful afternoon. Thanks, Heathy!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I love when I get to meet a kindred blog addict. I LOVE your blog, it's adorable, and so fun to get to know you!

Heather said...

You are most welcome. I also had a very enjoyable and cultured afternoon with my big sister!