2.08.2008

Lists

I'll take you up on that, Eliza (: I pretty much blog about random stuff all the time... but why not throw in a few random lists!?

5 Things that make me laugh:

1. Apparently I get a huge kick out of watching Sean throw kernels of popcorn at his face and missing his mouth... I just about busted a gut at the movie the other night. And then he continued to do it just to make me laugh harder.
2. Steve Carell in ANYTHING. Especially Dan in Real Life. I've seen the movie 3 times in the theater...
3. My Friends. I don't know what it is... maybe we are just super immature... but my stomach is always sore from laughing after a night out with the girls.
4. Mr. Collins
5. Ellen Degeneres: Here & Now. It's a stand up show she did that you can get on DVD (or watch on YouTube) and it is SOOO funny!

5 Things I am obsessed with:

1. Blogging... was that too obvious?
2. Reading YA fiction.
3. My cute husband.
4. Denver. I know... weird. But I really love it and I think I could possibly live there! I love the houses and hanging out downtown.
5. Listening to Choral music. I just bought Mack Wilberg's Requiem and Other Choral Works with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Orchestra at Temple Square, Frederica von Stade (Mezzo-soprano) & Bryn Terfel (Baritone). It is AMAZING. I especially love How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place & O Nata Lux.

5 Random things about myself:

1. I had rheumatic fever when I was a Junior in high school. NOT FUN. Basically every joint in my body was in excruciating pain.
2. I sucked my thumb until I was in the 8th grade.
3. I auditioned for American Idol season 5 in Denver.
4. I am the only one out of my siblings (all sisters) who was given a middle name. My parents were afraid I might hate my first name so they gave me a second option (Elise).
5. I am addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper... REALLY addicted... like I get a pounding headache if I don't get my daily dose. I should be ashamed of this...

5 Things I hate:

1. The Denver Airport. Do they ever get a flight out on time??? The delays! They kill me!
2. Sizzler, Chuck-O-Rama and other such restaurants that have bland and yucky food.
3. When Sean looks shorter than me in pictures! I swear on my life he is a good 1-2 inches taller than me. He just has bad posture!
4. Sitting next to someone in choir who is singing totally flat and loud and just plain weird and the director keeps looking at me.
5. The writers strike. Come on people... we just want our shows back :( I miss The Office.

6 comments:

Erika said...

I had no idea you auditioned for American Idol, that is totally cool!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ariel said...

Hmmm... Who/What on earth is Kele? I will not be following that link. I wish I knew how to delete comments.

Eliza said...

its been awhile since I've blog stalked, but I loved your lists. So cool about american idol. How does that whole process work anyway? did you see the judges? I am so fascinated by this, tell me more. Mr.collins kills me too, I just watched pride and prejudice and pbs the other night and one of my all time favorite parts is when he runs into a half-dressed lydia in the hall, oh my word, so funny!

ariel said...

The American Idol process is SO NOT what it appears to be on tv! There are 2 auditions before anyone ever sees the judges. My first day in Denver we sat in the heat in the Broncos stadium and the auditions were held on the field in front of random producer people. I made it through that round. The 2nd audition was held 2 days later. I actually had to drive home so my sister could go back to school and then my mom came back with me. I was the 2nd person to audition and I totally flubbed it! But it's cool. It was way fun anyway! Anywho... the people who make it through THAT round of auditions go to see Simon, Paula & Randy. OH and when they show the clips of people all messing up the same song... That is actually filmed in the second round. So they totally edit it so it looks like the judges are there and it was totally sung in front of the producers! So basically they totally let a bunch of TERRIBLE singers through 2 rounds just to embarass themselved on tv. And then the judges act surprised to have such terrible people on the show (:

PS I love the boy from Murray, UT. He is my favorite!

Lila said...

What a fun post. I just learned so much about you. Thanks for sharing...