3.10.2008

la cenerentola

I was not disappointed. I went to see Cinderella tonight with my mom, Lindsay & Heather and it was SO good! I knew it was a comedy but I didn't expect it to be so funny! The characters were great... especially the stepsisters, the stepfather and the prince's servant, Dandini. I also had a secret crush on Alidoro, who played kind of the fairy godmother character... but it was a man... and it wasn't her godfather. Anyway... he was cute. The sets & costumes were also really fun. The opera was written in 1815 or something, but the costumes were all 1920's flapperish & so cute! I won't bore you with more details, but it was awesome & so fun. I am always SO amazed at how those people can sing!

On a side note: WOW we sat behind this couple that was driving me out of my mind! I seem to have bad luck with who I get stuck by at concerts & plays. I am assuming this was a newly-engaged or newly-wed couple, because there was a ring on her finger but they looked SUPER young. They literally could not keep their hands off of each other and it was SO distracting. And then at intermission they were feeding each other sour patch kids. They even did the lady and the tramp thing where they both eat one end of the sour patch kid. And he held her drink for her while she sipped. And they practically made out between every scene. I guess I am just SO not the type to be all cuddly and lovey & kissy in public... so this really made me gag! Luckily at intermission they moved down a seat... and Lindsay had to witness their antics for the 2nd act :)

I love how I just wrote more about the couple in front of me than I did about the opera...

5 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Whatever Ariel I know you and sean feed each other sour patch kids!!! :) What a fun night!! Are you coming tonight? we should drive together since parking sucks in foxboro- I promise I won't stay late this time! text me if you want to!

Brad and Annette said...

I hate that I couldn't be there with ya'll! I miss you girls so so so much! Sounds like you had a great and good time though!

Madison Grunig said...

Oh, lovey dovey couples drive me crazy! I don't care what they do when they're alone, but there are certain things you SHOULDN'T do around other people, for everybody's sake. Glad you had fun.

Erika said...

That sounds great! I hate when people are a little too comfortable with themselves in public!

Coopers said...

oops, we didn't realize you were sitting behind us.