3.11.2008

goodbye red.

I got SOOO sick of the red everything in my kitchen. So last weekend I said goodbye to red. And good riddance. I couldn't say goodbye to my red dishes, though. I really don't love them because a. they are red, and b. they chip super easily. But I'm not forking out the money to buy new dishes {more like Sean would kill me if I did!}. Thanks for making my curtains longer, mom! This picture was taken prior to mom's help. For some stupid reason I hung my curtain rod WAY too high, so all curtains are too short for the doors. My kitchen is now more boring than ever, lacking all color besides white & black... but I like it SO much better.

p.s. I love how there is a can of diet dr. pepper on the counter :) It makes the picture more realistic...

6 comments:

Jamie said...

What color are you painting your kitchen? Red :)
Or did you already do that?

Erika said...

Oh, I love red and really want to paint a wall in our house red Oh, you have to own a place to do that though. :-)

Eliza said...

pretty. I love the simplistic clean look, very elegant.

Josh and Jay said...

You got rid of the RED!! Whats next? hmmmmm... And yes, i love the can of diet dr.pepper! Too funny!

Tiffany said...

Mmm... now im craving dr. pepper. ...again. Your kitchen is cute. Do you have any before pictures??? :)

Mark and Kandice said...

I have red accents in our kitchen and would also like a change we have a retro red phone, kitchen aid appliances and I have no counter top space so maybe we'll paint our kitchen different this summer and do some rearranging. Your kitchen looks so clean and simple I like it. Way to go.