3.02.2008

flashback

Back in October Sean & I went to California with Sean's parents to help with a golf tournament that the Forever Young foundation was hosting. I was just thinking about this trip this morning. And suddenly I remembered something I never should have forgotten! One of our jobs as volunteers was to drive mini-coopers from the dealership to the golf course They were giving away 3 mini-coopers on one hole if anyone got a hole in one. We had to take a few trips back and forth because only 2 of us knew how to drive a manual transmission. We had flown in late in the day and headed straight to the car dealership... so we were hungry. On one of our trips back & forth, we stopped at a restaurant called Hobee's. It was kind of a random choice, but we didn't know the area and we weren't in the mood to go searching for something else. It is kind of a health food restaurant. Everything on the menu is low-fat, whole grain, etc. The food wasn't that great. And for some reason it took a VERY long time to get the food out to us. They offered us all free dessert because it took so long. We weren't too excited to try the dessert when we weren't all that crazy about the food. But the waitress was so apologetic and she kept offering... so finally I said I would have a piece of blueberry coffee cake {their specialty}. It was by FAR the BEST thing I have ever tasted! And I'm not exaggerating. I would seriously drive back there and find that restaurant off of some random freeway exit JUST for the coffee cake. It was better than any other dessert I've ever had! And any other coffee cake! Man I wish I was having some for breakfast... Anyway. Now I have this documented so I'll never forget the name of that restaurant!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so hungry right now and that picture looks sooo good!

Stephenson and Katie said...

I am SOOOOOOO glad you came last night! You are so cute and we better do it more often!! We'll have to hit up a movie or something this weekend!!
Are you going to come to enrichment tomorrow night?!? It'll be fun... I'll pick you up!!