4.19.2008

seattle.

I'm back. And it's very nice to be home. I sure missed my hubby, but Heather & I had lots of fun! Here are some highlights:

we didn't go to the space needle. we read some reviews that said it was a waste of $16.00. but we did see it from the freeway. and that was good enough for me.
.
we ate WAY too much. i need to have a post-travel fast.
.
it was green & beautiful. it was also very cold, wet & windy.
.
we rode in a "town car" {whatever the heck that means....} into downtown & went shopping! our driver's name was hamlet and when we called him to pick us up, we couldn't understand a WORD he said. it was embarrassing.
we rode in the hotel shuttle to the local shopping mall on wednesday & thursday. we were the only ones on the shuttle, and our friend hong {the bell man slash shuttle driver} was playing hilarious romantic r&b music both times he picked us up. we think he was trying to pick up on us.
.
katie told me we should go to the nordstrom in seattle. we just had the driver drop us off at a convenient place and surprise surprise, it was right in front of nordstrom. it was enormous {5 floors}.
.
we watched half of men in black and half of the truman show. now we need to rent them & watch the other halves.
.
the seminar was fun. it was nice to have heather there to help me! sean usually sits in the hotel room all day :)
.
heather and i got a whole lot of grief from several participants about our lack of skiing experience {neither of us has ever been!} given that we live in Utah.
.
i saw more homosexuals than i have ever seen in my life. we also saw a transvestite with fire-engine-red hair. i am so sheltered here in utah :)
.
Heather got sick on Friday night. She woke me up out of a deep sleep to ask me if I was sick too :)

4 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

yay you have a Nordstrom bag in your hand :) I have always wanted to go to the one in Seattle... So fun!! We missed you around here but I'm glad you had a good time- Did you make it over to the little town of FORKS at all?! I need to take a trip to washington-

Whit,Tiff and B said...

yeah i had to call jamie and she walked me through it blindly. her computer wouldn't let her log on so she help me with what she remembered. as you can see it worked. i like your page!!! it's very festive and enjoyable to read. I feel like a loser compared to you. you have tons of friends on your friend list.i'm jealous!!!

Chris and Tara said...

I'm glad you had fun. I wish that I could come to your concert. If you have any that are on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday let me know :)

Chris and Tara said...

Oh, and I'm supposed to tell you that you're a brat (from Chris). He laughed pretty hard when he saw your comment "choir". Good job being sassy back to him :)