4.15.2008

i guess that makes me a queen.

I went to the dentist yesterday {yes, i scheduled an appointment on my husband's birthday for some stupid reason} to get a cracked filling replaced. When I got there, the dentist studied my tooth for a good 10 minutes, and decided to give me a crown instead! This seriously freaks me out. Bad teeth run in my family. And at 22... a crown! They actually put in a temporary and I'll have to go back again to get the real one. To make matters worse, they scared the heck out of me by telling me to be VERY careful about what I eat for the next few weeks until I get the permanent crown. I haven't chewed on that side of my mouth yet. And last night before bed I got scared that my crown would fall out in my sleep & I would choke on it. I hate the dentist.

6 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

I hate the dentist worse, so I don't even go. That post made me laugh so hard! You're great Ariel! Are you coming tonight?

tracy layne said...

hahaha that was too funny! I really hope your crown doesn't fall out and you choke on it.... I would be so sad. I hate the dentist too....

Brad and Annette said...

I'm so with you on the whole hating the dentist bit! And I just thought I would remind you that bad teeth don't run in the family... I have GREAT teeth! You're just a freak!

Chris and Tara said...

I feel your pain. Literally. I have a temp crown right now and go back on Monday to get the permanent one. And I, too, am scared to chew on that side of my mouth (and it's been two weeks). I hope every thing goes smoothly for you.
On a side note- who would ever want to be a dentist? It must be disgusting and everybody would hate you. Poor dentists...

Stephenson and Katie said...

Tara did you know dentists have the highest suicide rate of any profession cause they know everyone hates them? It's seriously a known fact. Crazy. Ariel I will MISS you! Have so much fun in seattle and we'll see ya on SUNDAY funday!

Erika said...

I have to go tomorrow and I'm scared they'll say I have like 10 cavities.