4.26.2008

relief.

Last night was our concert at Libby Gardner. I thought it went very well. We only sang one song by ourselves and then we sang Lo, The Full Final Sacrifice with A Cappela {about 30 pages long... takes a good 20 minutes to sing}. Cameron encouraged us not to use music if we didn't need it, so I didn't! It was weird. I didn't know what to do with my hands. Especially since I had to stand on the FRONT row for my solo! I don't think I have EVER stood on the front row because it is always tallest in the back. And there was at least a foot difference in height between me & the girl next to me! My last minute solo went well, I think. It was only 2 lines, but in my opinion the prettiest part of the piece :) I get nervous every single time I do anything like that. I wish my stage fright would go away! But I actually think I sang it better at the concert than I did at rehearsal... which never happens for me. It was a fun concert {for me... I don't know about the audience}. Our director is graduate student at the University of Utah {that's why we sang with their choirs} and this concert was helping him fulfill one of his final requirements for getting his Doctorate. It was fun to be a part of that! We have been so lucky to have such an awesome director and I'm getting nervous for the future of our little choir! Who knows where Cameron will go now! I guess I will just be glad for the rehearsals & concert we still have this year & stop complaining about how late rehearsal goes sometimes :)

Thanks to Mom & Heathy for coming last night! I don't remember a concert that my mom hasn't made it to. Love you both.

No comments: