2.27.2010

then i will bake it myself.

Photobucket Photobucket

for a very early birthday present, my mother-in-law took me to a bread making class. she also gave me a copy of the classic, the little red hen, an adorable apron, and a wheat grinder. one of the most thoughtful and unique gifts i've ever been given!

the class was awesome.

we got some yummy samples and we learned how to make the best bread in the universe. i know because it's the same recipe my mom uses.

i am determined to make my own bread. it's so much yummier + healthier than the store bought variety. hopefully sean likes whole wheat because i plan to grind my own!

on a side note, being in a store like that makes me almost want to be a health nut. eat nothing but quinoa, agave, flaxseed + whole grains. but then i remembered how much i like meat + refined sugar {like this recipe i made the other night}. so... not gonna happen.

6 comments:

dave + kirst said...

i'm totally with you on the wanting to 'eating healthy' but not really planning to... oh well!

Jamie said...

you'll have to let me know if MAKING bread is worth it :) time, cost of ingredients, all that. I really don't know if I've ever had home made bread...

Tori said...

I'm so glad you got a wheat grinder! Andrew and I have been pricing them out to get one soon, too. I love making homemade bread- making it gives such a sense of satisfaction. What a cute gift idea.

Kess said...

I totally want to learn how to make bread !

Jenny said...

Learning how to make bread was my New Year's resolution last year. (The one and only resolution I've ever made. And kept!) I love making bread. It's time consuming, but worth it. I hated paying so much in the store for bread!

Whit,Tiff and B said...

That's so nice of your mom in law!! That's an awesome gift!