2.04.2010

reverting to childhood.

Photobucket

when was the last time you had ramen noodles for lunch? it had been a while for me. and it was goooood. this is how we eat ramen at our house:

{i call it ramen noodles. some people call it top ramen. or just ramen. or "oodle canoodles". that's what sean's siblings called it.}

ariel's ramen:
beef flavor only! the other flavors are yucky.
lots of veggies.
half of the seasoning packet.
dash of pepper.
lots of broth.

sean's ramen:
chicken flavor only!
approximately 1/4 cup broth per package of noodles.
{strain noodles, then add seasoning packet. he likes it extra seasoned.}

what's your favorite way to eat ramen? no broth? oriental flavoring? with an ice cube? and what do you call it?

6 comments:

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I grow up on this stuff. I'm totally a beef flavor kinda girl.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I try really hard not to eat ramen but my kids love it so I end up feeding it to them once in a while. I think I will try your way with all the veggies. I love that! I usually try to sneak in a few vitamins by chopping some spinach really fine and cooking that in with it. I just call it ramen :)

Rachel said...

Chicken and oriental flavored are my faves.I like to swirl a beaten egg in when they are boiling so it tastes kind of like egg drop soup. And I throw in whatever veggies we have. Corn, peas, celery. And only half the packet. Too much sodium if you use the whole thing.

Caprene said...

I call ot saimin, though I've never really eaten it. I like the crunchy salad with cabbage and broken up saimin in it...

Shawnee said...

I haven't had ramen noodles in such a long time! I don't even remember the flavors, but I think my mom would buy cases of chicken and beef flavors. (They were only like 10 for a dollar, or something super cheap like that.) I remember as a kid putting an ice cube in it to cool it off. That's funny you mentioned that.

Gina said...

Yeah, we do the egg in it too. And an ice cube.