9.22.2008

sisters.

this post is dedicated to my sisters. a year or so ago i found a book called "sisters, the best (and sometimes the most irritating) of friends" by allyson e. jones. it is oh-so-true and any of you with sisters will appreciate these lines from the book:

"sister" is just another word for "love", or more specifically, love to borrow.

a sister is someone who doesn't just get you, she also gets you in trouble.

she can turn you into a giggling second-grader in minutes... especially in church.

your sister is there when you need her and when you're singing dramatically into your hairbrush and you think you're alone.

they share a secret language which consists mainly of expressions and rude gestures when mom isn't looking.

when you look in the mirror, you see your sister looking back at you... because she is hogging the mirror.

it's a well-known fact that no two sisters can enter a drugstore together without spending time in the makeup aisle.

making fun of your sister is off-limits to anyone else but you.

it's hard not to love your sister. after all, she is so much like you {insert picture of 2 sisters wearing the same shoes... AH! pet peeve!}.

the sister who looks best in the picture will have it up on her fridge.

she helped make you what you are today, loyal and protective of your jewelry.
sisters can communicate with very few words. MINE! is sometimes all it takes.

you will never be able to forget your most embarassing moments as long as your sister is alive.
even when someone irritates the crap out of you, you can still love her. sisters teach you that.
she is as precious as mom's diamond earrings, which she thinks she has dibs on.
i love you sisters!

4 comments:

Chris and Tara said...

Oh my word. I love that. I am going to have to buy that book. Until then, I'm going to copy all you typed and send it to my sisters. Ü

Heather said...

Oh boy...that is so true about the pictures on the fridge. Remember the picture where I look possessed and you look gorgeous (I think I was in 6th grade from the looks of my make-up job)? And you put it in the family album on the coffee table for everyone to see? And then suddenly it wasn't there anymore? I wonder what happened to it...

Madison Grunig said...

What a great post. I have six sisters and those are so true! Thanks for the laugh.

Josh and Jay said...

I love this post! It's so true about sisters!!