9.09.2008

puppy love.

A couple weeks ago Ariel and I hung out with the Catenzaros from our "old" ward. As everybody knows, once the ward splits one can no longer be friends with old ward members. We really enjoyed getting to know them and wish them the best...except when it comes to ward basketball. Anyhow, that night we stayed up pretty late telling stories. I happen to tell a mission story and really don't remember why or how I even thought of it. I've had a few people ask me about the story and also realized I told the story wrong. So I thought I would post it for all to hear. The story begins in Brazil. I thought my mission companion at the time was Elder Cook, but I talked to him today and he let me know that he was not with me. So now I'm all confused on which companion was with me. If one of my companions reads this and you were the one with me let me know. It is driving me crazy now! It's like when I ask Ariel if she remembers the time we did this or that and she responds..."You and I didn't do that, who did you do that with?!" Cook was the companion all my stories were with because we were companions for almost 6 months. Back to the story: It was a hot and humid day in Brazil. (Just like everyday) Elder (Insert name here) and I were out knocking doors. We learned to walk up to the top of a street and work our way down so that rejection didn't have to involve walking up a hill. Walking down was much easier. We had walked up to the top of a hill and started knocking. On probably our third or fourth door an older woman answered and said, "He is in there." and was pointing into the house. We answered with an "excuse me?" She just walked off and pointed to the house, "He is inside just go in." My companion and I were confused and walked towards the house. The woman told us to walk in and go the first room on our right. We walked in and knocked on the door and opened it. To this day I shock myself when thinking about this part. What we saw was an older man that probably weighed close to 350 lbs laying in his bed. He was naked except for his whitie-tighties. Now that was not the shocking part, as shocking as it sounds. I would have preferred to leave it at that. The shocking part was that there were about 10 puppies (eyes still shut, new born puppies) running and crawling all over his body. He just stared at us probably thinking "Who are these two weird looking white boys wearing ties and standing in my room?". I quickly told him we had the wrong house and sorry. My companion and I left. I have no idea where his wife went but she was gone. After something like that, the only thing we could do to cleanse ourselves was to buy ice cream and drink Fanta. And that is exactly what we did. It was one of the most shocking moments of my life!

7 comments:

Gina said...

ha!!! that's great! but could you get your story straight!? geez. :) i love that story, elder cook or not.

Gina said...

oh, and i'm sad that we can't hang out anymore, what with being in two completely different wards and all. i guess ant and i will just have to go to the kaysville theater all by our lonesomes. great popcorn and all.

ariel said...

i ♥ that story! especially the fanta part.

Darin said...

Dude! I've had that same dream...except the guy was 400lbs, totally naked, and there were only 9 dogs. The pineapple Fanta never tasted so sweet.

Sean said...

1-upper Darin. Just like in golf, I finally do something and you have to 1 up it.

Chris and Tara said...

First off: that is a truly frightening story.
Second off: I love that Darin is a 1-upper.
Third off: I'm impressed with your blogging skills. We still have to work on Chris. Ü

Gina said...

That story gets weirder and weirder everytime I hear it. Dang Gina, I'm kind of glad we're out of the puppy love ward. Maybe I can sleep without having weird dreams about 9 1/2 puppies crawling on me. I feel bad for Elder Cook, even though he wasn't technically in the story he got dragged into it and had his name tarnished anyway. I'm glad our names have never been mixed in with that story...oh wait. Okay, for real though, it was late and the story was freakin' funny. I still laugh out loud when I think about it, mostly because I still can't figure out why it was told.