9.03.2008

salt lake symphonic choir.

I had my first rehearsal with the Salt Lake Symphonic Choir tonight and I'm so excited! I'm still sad about the UMC, but this new choir is going to be a lot of fun. For one thing, it has around 100 members, which really takes the pressure off :) I often felt like I was singing a solo with the UMC, so this will be a nice change! AND there are MEN! hooray! AND they have a rich, full, wonderful sound! They would love to have even MORE men, however, so if you know anyone who might be interested, send them my way! And now... for the most shocking part of it all... I, Ariel Smith, will be singing SECOND soprano! I know, I know. You're all in awe. You all thought I was a die-hard first soprano. Well, it wasn't my choice :) But really, I'm excited about it. It will be good for me to actually have to sight read for a change! And I will definately not miss those high A's & B's and whatnot. Juliann will just have to elbow me when I start singing the Soprano 1 line! Anyway, I am looking forward to my first season with the Salt Lake Symphonic. It's going to be a blast! {um did I mention that at our first rehearsal we sang the Hallelujah Chorus? and everyone knew it but me?? haha! I felt kind of dumb}

4 comments:

Janessa Taylor said...

Don't worry my friend--I screwed up the Halleluja chorus too :) Yeah, I kinda wanted to go down to 2nd after that FIRST SONG!!! Woah... WAAAAY too high--I was glad when the director said that he only wanted 3 singers for that part!! Not ME!! But the other stuff is ok. He probably kept me as a first becuase I have to say I SUCKED at the super easy sight-reading exercise he had me do in my audition. Yes. But he did say, "don't worry, I've heard worse." Nice.

Val said...

How exciting! Congrats! Why haven't you sang a solo in sacrament yet?! :)

ariel said...

i did! it was like 2 months after we moved in, so you must not have been in the ward yet. and i sang a solo at the r.s. christmas party last year. where have you been valaree?? :)

Juliann said...

Well, I'm struggling NOT to sing alto...so I think we're all adjusting! I'm so happy to be part of a group again. See you tomorrow! :)