9.26.2008

four and a half.

tonight i was asked my very favorite question; "So, you must have been born right after The Little Mermaid came out, right?". no. NO. i was four and a half when the movie came out. my parents did NOT name me after a disney character! for some reason this really irritates me. she was named after ME! it's cute when kids get excited that i share my name with the mermaid. it's the dumb questions from adults that bother me :) honestly, though, i've given in to the fact that my name will be forever associated with the movie. and every time i meet someone new they will sing "ahhhhhh, ahhhhhh, ahhhhhhahhhahhhhhaahahhh" {that's my attempt at typing the song from the movie!}.

also, i was told tonight that i have sarah palin hair. i'm not sure if that was a compliment.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

I have the same problem with ROCKY but it's slowly getting too old to remember. Sorry Disney has made you a classic.

Madison Grunig said...

At least Ariel is such a beautiful name! I must tell you that I am named after a mermaid ;). If you've ever seen the movie Splash, with Tom Hanks, the mermaid's name is Madison. My mom was watching that movie when she went into labor with me and decided it was good enough for her!

Dagley Family said...

but your two neices think you are the coolest person ever because you have a princess name.

Juliann said...

Yeah, gotta love the Sarah Palin hair comment. What does that lady know about hair, anyway?! :)

jamirodana said...

I will admit, i did think of the movie when i heard your name, but I like it. I knew you were older than the movie too!
I like Sarah Palin.
I don't like the weird flirtatious news guy below either. He IS embarassing!!

Sean said...

Ariel, when i first met you did i do any of the little mermaid references? I don't think I did. But now I referece it all the time. Especially the quote from Sebastian: "Ariel, will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?"