5.17.2008

magic on the sidewalk.

Tonight we headed to old main street in Bountiful to see the chalk art all over the sidewalks. I have seen some of the drawings on my way into the post office in previous years, but this is the first time we have actually walked around and seen them all. It was SOO fun! Even Sean had fun... and he usually doesn't appreciate art :) Here are some of my favorites.
This one was by a featured artist... and it was amazing. This picture doesn't do justice to how HUGE it was. It just amazes me what can be done with sidewalk chalk!
I looooved this one. Again... my pictures don't do justice. As most of you can probably tell, it's a drawing of 5th South in Bountiful in the rain. So awesome.
I decided to add my own masterpiece to the sidewalk... and 5 seconds later we found out that this little strip of drawings was all from an elementary school. I felt dumb.
I love this Norman Rockwell mural. So sweet :)
This is my favorite. Probably because I love taking blurry photos while I'm driving at night {see here}.
There were lots of great little bits like this one. HA! Old people & llamas... :)
Here we are looking weird & tall.
Love this.
And this one was Sean's favorite. Oh wait... that's just a handicap parking spot. :) We had so much fun and there were SO many amazing murals... I pretty much took pictures of ALL of them... see here. You all should go see them before they get washed away!

7 comments:

Whit,Tiff and B said...

Those are really cool. I never knew that went on.

Joanna McGuire said...

That sidewalk art is awesome I think I saw a little last year. I need to go look at it. I love your blog it is so cute.

Chris and Tara said...

Oh my gosh! You post so much I can't keep up. But I will try...

I love the picture of your mom. Too cute. And you inspired me to make a post for my mom.
I always thought you were famous and it's nice to have proof.
I need to learn how you do the thing where you say "blah, blah blah click HERE" and it let's you click there.
I'm sad your conducter is leaving but hope your choir can stick together.
I agree that the contortionist is creepy. Chris and I watched that together. Yuck.
The spicer story cracked me up. i feel the same way. One time, I was sleeping on our love sack and woke up with a spider on me. I didn't go back to the sack for several weeks. (This was in our old apartment. We don't have spiders now!)
The sidewalk chalk art is amazing. I had no idea they did that. Very pretty and impressive. Maybe next year Chris and I can go. When did they do it? Has it rained since then?

*wipes sweat from forhead*
I think that covers everything I've read since last week. I wonder how long my essay will be next week :)

ariel said...

Tara: they did the sidewalk art on the 13-16 and it hasn't rained. I bet you could go see them still if you wanted!

Stephenson and Katie said...

I love those pics!!! I guess I'll forgive you for ditching out on the fire since you did something equally as cool.

Shawnee said...

What are you talking about? I love your blog...you are a very talented blogger. :) No worries about missing this week's digital scrapbook focus group...I'm sure there will be more in the future. I'll be sure to let you know. Hope you have fun wherever you are going!

Mark and Kandice said...

That looks like a lot of fun Ariel thanks for inspiring me. :)