6.13.2008

root beer.

I've been watching my nieces for the past few nights while my sister-in-law is in New York and her husband is in Italy with Sean. We've had lots of fun! Kelty is always cracking me up with the random things she remembers {"Ariel, I know we jumped on the trampoline one time at the cabin and it was getting dark outside". "Ariel, you can't sleep downstairs on the floor or you'll get sick". "Ariel, I know that you like to eat fries in your ice cream"}. And Teagan melts my heart when she's being cuddly. Steph, I think she's making progress on my name {she almost always calls me Sean}. She keeps pointing at me and smiling and saying "you're Ariel... I'm Teagan Mae!".

Anyway... Someone {who is a much better person than I am!} has taught the girls that drinking Dr. Pepper {or Diet Dr. Pepper, in my case} is BAD. And I'm.... well.... addicted. Steph had to quit drinking it because Kelty would tell her it was bad. This is a conversation that took place at about 6:00pm today:

Kelty: What are you drinking?
Ariel: Soda.
Kelty: Is it bad?
Ariel: No.
Kelty: Oh, It's root beer.
Ariel: ... yeah... root beer :)

About 30 minutes later we went and got chicken nuggets for dinner and both girls got root beer. On the way into the house, we had a spill and one of their drinks didn't make it.

Kelty: It's ok. Teagan can have some of YOUR root beer.
.
What could I say? "Uh... Kelty... it's not root beer! It's Dr. Pepper..."? And have her thinking I'm BAD??? So I did what any responsible adult would do and gave Teagan some of my "root beer". And BOY was I regretting that come bedtime! Teagan was a little bit hyper :)
That'll teach me to lie to kids.

7 comments:

jamirodana said...

Cute girls! I have to lie to my Jonah sometimes but I'm trying to not drink caffeine as much these days.
It sounds like you all had fun except for the spilled drink. I hope it wasn't in your car!

Stephenson and Katie said...

that was an awesome post :) I hope you are enjoying your reunion with Sean!! I have missed you this week! I feel like I haven't talked to you at all! We need to change that!!! Hopefully I'll see ya tomorrow....

Juliann said...

That is hilarious!! I would have done the same thing. I also have a serious Dr. Pepper thing going...and of course if you ask my kids what their favorite drink is, they would say "Dr. Pepper"!

Dagley Family said...

Thanks Ariel for watching them. They were excitted for you to have a sleepover for 3 days. What's up with Kelty always having crazy hair days with you. hee hee

Adrienne said...

great picture. hope sean gets home okay

Eliza said...

that is hilarious! what are the chances of she being able to bust you, so funny.

ariel said...

haha Steph, those are the same pictures from last time! I didn't have my camera with me last week. Kelty's hair was lovely the whole time I was there this time :)