6.10.2008

positively ageless.

Ok... I know you're all going to think I'm out of my mind... but I have recently become obsessed with wrinkles :) I think it's been a combination of factors:

1. My recent birthday... I'm not getting any younger!
2. I used to go tanning SOOOO much... like REALLY a lot. And then I would lay out in the sun every day. And then go tanning some more.
3. I have begun to notice 3 wrinkles on my forehead... and one between my eyebrows.

I know I'm just paranoid... but I really do think it's about time I started taking good care of my skin and started wearing sunblock {Ariel's skin: "WHAT???? Did she just use the word SUNBLOCK?? I never thought I would see the day. Wait, maybe she meant baby oil... or crisco? No... I really think she said SUNBLOCK. Hooray!"}. I still hate hate being fair-skinned and ghostly white... but I'll just have to settle for the orange glow of self-tanner.

So last night Annette & I went to the store and bought ourselves some anti-aging lotion & night cream :) I'm pretty sure that the people shopping in our aisle thought we were insane. But let me tell you, my forehead looked very firm and wrinkle-free this morning! I bought Aveeno's Positively Ageless daily moisturizer. I love all of Aveeno's products. Now, I don't intend to be one of those crazy ladies who pay hundreds of dollars on crazy lotions and products that they think will turn back time... I'm just going to start taking better care of the skin I'll have for the rest of my life!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

You absolutely crack me up....Crisco! HA!

Adrienne said...

I haven't started worrying about the wrinkles but I'm definately trying to be better in the sun this year.... those years lifeguarding did me some damage. I'll probably ask you for advice if i start freaking out :)

Gina said...

I'd have to say the same...I use to go tanning in HS (I know, my skin is already "olive"...but not good enough for my standards I guess), but I haven't been for years. The whole potential of skin cancer and looking like leather thing really did it for me (finally). Horray for sunless tanners. Hey Anthony got an email from Sean and said that Sean said Italy is EVERYTHING it's cracked up to be. I SO want to be there right now. Sorry for the novel. ;)

Dagley Family said...

Ariel - wrinkles are you kidding me. But you are right to take care of your skin now. I should follow you.

Eliza said...

wow, lol about crisco, and baby oil. You are gorgeous and have nothing to worry about, but i guess I haven't seen you in awhile. ; ) j/k.
All I have to say is I better have awesome skin for putting up with being so pasty white all these years.

Sue said...

You make me laugh! You are the last person I think should be worrying about wrinkles. :)