3.28.2010

o town derby dames.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

yesterday we went to see my sister in her very first official roller derby bout. let me just say... it was so much fun! once i understood some of the rules {about halfway into the 2nd half} it was even more fun! the two teams in her league {the o town derby dames} were playing each other and lindsay's team spanked the competition! go ladies of capone! {sorry, sailor marys}.

it's a fascinating sport. i need to have a discussion with lindsay to understand the rules better, but count me as a fan! i think i need to rent whip it now.

{read about it on cityweekly.net}

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I want to see that show too. I heard it was good. I HAVE no idea how that games works :) Is there a ball, puck...

ariel said...

no, they score points by the jammer {a player on the team with a star on their helmet} going around the rink as many times as they can.

Lindsay said...

You can borrow Whip It from me anytime! I'm so happy you came to support me! Who could ask for a better sister? :)