3.18.2010

my favorite things {movie edition}.

lars & the real girl. quirky, sweet, hilarious, perfection! ryan gosling is amazing in this.
Photobucket

ever after. my sisters and i can quote this entire movie. so romantic, and so beautiful to watch.
Photobucket

an affair to remember. i don't know how i waited so long to see this one. it's been on our dvr for months and i won't let sean delete it. i've probably watched it ten times in the last 8 months. Photobucket

ghost town. ricky gervais KILLS me in this. the scene at her house with the dog and the fiance! hilarious. plus it's sweet and has a good message. and has some romance which is a requirement :)
Photobucket

sense & sensibility. a classic. the cast is awesome. kate winslet plays a perfectly annoying marianne. and who knew snape could be a convincing romantic lead?
Photobucket

you've got mail. i never ever get sick of this. another movie i quote all the time. have you watched it recently? you should. it's hilarious.
Photobucket

funny girl. best music ever. i should really only have the first act in my favorite movies. it just gets depressing after that, but the music is still amazing.
Photobucket

dan in real life. so sad, sweet, funny, happy, romantic. i love this family. i want to have a family vacation like that!
Photobucket

pride & prejudice- focus features version. i'll be honest, this movie ruined the old BBC version for me. it's just so gorgeous and the music is so great and the costumes are perfect! definitely a favorite.
Photobucket

daniel deronda. {based on the novel by george eliot} you need to check this one out from the library. i looooove it. hugh dancy is perfect in it {and very handsome}.
Photobucket

and there you have it. what are your favorites?

8 comments:

Eliza said...

Ariel, we have the exact same taste in movies, I love every single one of those movies! good taste, I have to say. : )

Sean said...

Ummm lets see:
Sound of Music, Back to the Future, All of the Rocky's but II is my favorite, Karate Kid, Slum dog Millionaire,The Bourne movies, Blackhawk Down, Prince of Egypt,chick flick title goes to My best friends wedding, Best Disney is Beauty and the Beast, And the Burbs is one of the funniest movies ever.

ariel said...

bleh, karate kid. but yes, beauty and the beast is the best disney.

Jenny said...

Yay, Sense & Sensibility, You've Got Mail, and Dan in Real Life! (I think Dan in Real Life is a gem that's totally underrated.) Booo, P&P. I don't like how Keira Knightly mumbles her way through all her movies with her poochy lips. Only the A&E version for me. :) To add to the list, I LOVE Return to Me.

Kess said...

This totally makes me want to have a movie marathon and watch all of those !

dave + kirst said...

i love so many of those movies - Ever After has been on my list to get on dvd for ages! (i have the VHS). if you liked daniel deronda you should try another bbc one called 'Lorna Doone' - loved that one.

ariel said...

kirsten, i actually OWN lorna doone and i like it! remember when the inlaws gave both of us one of the A&E dvd collections? that was in mine.

paperbella said...

I have to say that I really love your taste in movies! Dan in real life was really, really good.