3.08.2010

happy weekend.

i made some progress in the book i'm reading {the poisonwood bible}. i kind of hate it but am forcing myself to finish it. have you read it? it's terribly depressing.

i actually made it through three whole hours of church {four if you count choir practice!}. it was sean's week to take serena home when she reached her way-too-overly-tired-need-a-nap-NOW point. eleven o'clock church is rough for us.

alicia had her baby last night. can't wait to meet the handsome little guy!

we invited ourselves to my parents house for sunday dinner. chicken enchiladas, yum! and cake with peaches for dessert.

we had fun watching the academy awards. i wish our friends wouldn't have watched hurt locker on the clearplay without us {thanks a heap!}. was anyone else SHOCKED that sandra bullock won for best actress? don't get me wrong, i think it was well deserved, but i thought for sure the girl in precious would win. it's not very often that movies i have actually seen win awards.

and now another monday. they come too quickly.

5 comments:

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I feel good when I make it to all of church too, It doesn't happen too often cuz Whit works and I have to do it all by myself!

Dani said...

How far along are you? The first couple of times I tried to read it I only got like half way through, but it is one of my favorite books now! It is very sad though. I love seeing how all the girls handle their situations through their life, it ends with them all in their 40's-50's I think. Maybe its just that I am slightly obsessed with anything to do with Africa, but I also just love the way Kingsolver uses her words.

ariel said...

i'm more than halfway through. i guess i don't HATE it. it's very interesting and well written, i just HATE the dad and it's kind of a downer so far. i've liked some of kingsolver's other books, but this one is completely different.

Ann's ART said...

I love that book. Probably in my top 25. It is depressing. I love her writing style and the story is totally compelling.

Gina said...

hurt locker was a great show.