1.29.2010

i've created a monster.

you may remember my new years resolution to make my bed more often. i'm very proud to say that i have made it every day in 2010. this is a big feat for me, friends. i don't think i've made my bed for this many consecutive days in my LIFE. but i'm not so proud of the OCD that has started as a result!

yesterday sean was feeling sick, so he slept in. i took serena to my mom and went to work. sean came to the office in the late morning and the first thing i asked him was "did you make the bed?" not "how are you feeling?" or "did you get some rest?".

terrible, huh! but knowing that my bed was unmade at home kind of put me in an irritable mood. i can't decide if this is a good or a bad thing. it's almost as bad as my OCD about having all of my throw pillows on the couch in perfect order.

{the funny thing is that the rest of my room can be in totally disarray, but the bed must be made!}

5 comments:

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

I need to start doing this, I always say I am going to make the bed but am always late for work so I run out the door. Starting Monday I am gonna do it!

Coopers said...

I'm not going to lie. I have made my bed right before I have gotten into it to sleep. I just have to have the sheets all even before I sleep.

I think having extra pillows that belong on the bed makes it so it gets made. Having them on the floor all day bugs.

dave + kirst said...

i'm a big proponent of 'bed making.' if i haven't made my bed before leaving the house, which is some what rare, i have to make it before i sleep in it, even if it's RIGHT before ;) i'm kind of OCD about that.

Janessa Taylor said...

I would SOOOOOOO do that too!!! (although that situation doesn't apply to me right now, since Jordan works graves...either I'm in bed at night, or he's in bed during the day!)

Juliann said...

PROUD of you Ariel!! I must admit that in 11 years, I think I have made my bed only a handful of times. It is what it is. :)