1.24.2010

it's time for another happy post.

my daughter is usually extremely easy to read. if she's whining, she is either hungry or tired, and it takes about 2 seconds to deduce which it is. this week that rule does not apply. this week when she's whining, it could be that she's tired, hungry, her tooth hurts, her ear hurts, her bum is sore from the constant diarrhea from the antibiotics, she's bored, she is sick of having her nose wiped, etc. {as i type she is whining in her bed. she is so tired but too cranky to let it go and give in to sleep!} and now she has passed on the cold to me, which makes two miserable girls at our house :) so anyway, it's time for another post full of gratitude and happiness to get me out of the "wo is me" state of mind i've been in.

happiness this week:

renting movies from the library {moonstruck, the pajama game, mr holland's opus}. library movies are the best. they always have all of the oldies + goodies.

ham and cheesy potatoes at my parents house tonight. and a chocolate dessert. my mom is a wonderful cook.

ice cream with sprinkles and a movie with friends. the movie was extremely creepy and had a terrible ending, but it's the friends that make it fun, anyway. {no country for old men}

community. may i just say again how hilarious this show is!? i was laughing so hard when brita was tap dancing!

spending time with my friends. we don't get together nearly often enough. good thing we all keep in touch through the blogosphere :)

{and she's asleep. her sweet dad just rocked her to sleep. whew! don't think i'm a deadbeat mom, blogging and listening to her cry! she only likes her daddy to rock her.}

the hilarious picture that kirsten sent me today! it's of me holding a butcher's knife and scissors with a frightening look on my face {don't ask}. i opened the email at my parents house and laughed out loud.

heather reminding me of our awesome trip to branson, mo. ohhh, branson.

listening to our recording of the messiah, finally! i am in love with it.

apples + peanut butter. every day this week.

that feels much better. now i'm going to go play lego batman with sean. what better way to relieve stress, right!?

5 comments:

Janessa Taylor said...

Haha! I also love Community!! But my fave lately is Modern Family. LOVE Gloria. If you haven't seen it, you should for sure!!

Amy said...

this list is on my list of happy things for today. :)

I love library movies AND community!

Jamie said...

I love community (abed/troy/brita's dance, the crossword puzzle! love it), and i also don't get that creepy movie especially the ending

Gina said...

you'll have to share that messiah recording with me...i'm excited to hear it.

dave + kirst said...

that was a great pic ariel - i have another one i think i'll send you of you rockin out on the 4 wheeler. good times!

and we're just getting into community - recorded but haven't watched it yet. hope it's good!