12.04.2009

we have a love/hate relationship.

Photobucket
i love winter.
.
snow. boots. sweaters. christmas. scarves. apple cider. christmas tree lots. fireplaces. mittens. snow-capped mountains. gingerbread. lights. delicious citrus.
.
but sometimes it doesn't love me back.
.
dry hair. dry elbows. dry knees. bitter cold, hazy days with no snow in sight. colds. pot holes. and the dreaded chappy lips. every winter i seem to get a never-ending case of chapped lips. and the only thing that makes them feel better is the nasty original chapstick that smells like black licorice mixed with medicine. anything with menthol, which feels good initially, makes them much much worse.
.
please please let the weatherman be right. i desparately need some snow to cure me of my chappy-lip blues.

4 comments:

Gina said...

yes, let it snow for the next few weeks (for christmas spirit purposes) and then PLEASE let it be done. i'm already couting down my days for spring. the kids are driving me insane inside my little house!!! and aria has three weeks of preschool off soon! help!

:)

Jamie said...

I need snow too!! This cold isn't worth it without a little white

Chris and Tara said...

"Chappy-lip blues" cracked me up. Speaking of love though, how do you make that heart symbol on your blog. Is it something like my smiley face Ü where I do alt-666?

ariel said...

alt+3=♥