12.03.2009

a bad mother moment.

serena is rocking her very first goose egg, my friends.

i feel too badly about it to share the details, but we both cried a lot.

being a first-time mommy, i was sure that i had caused permanent brain damage and that she would hate me forever. i made sean call the doctor's office {i was too much of a sobbing mess to call them myself},

and the nurse said, "i'm sure she's fine".

reassuring.

but it didn't make me feel like a better parent.

i'm sure this will be the first of many goose eggs to come {learning to walk... ugh!}, but WOW it was traumatic for me!

good thing my sweet girl was over it in 10 minutes.

8 comments:

jamirodana said...

Aww...no fun. You will also learn how amazing our bodies are at healing quickly:) Yay for that.
My advice when she starts standing up at furniture: get rid of any coffee tables.
We have had too many "bonks" on the corners of those dang things.

PS- You are not a bad mother:)

Caprene said...

oh my friend. For real? She's just barely getting her first goose egg? I think you are doing a pretty spectacular job then. Most of my friends' kids sport at least one every month or so from bonking into something.

Adrienne said...

so sorry. that feeling is the worst. sorry it won't be the last either. kids are tough

Kim said...

o no!!! seriously its the worst feeling to have your baby hurt! every time i clip ash's finger along with one of his nails.. and he bleeds.. a piece of me dies :) your a wonderful mommy!!! dont worry.

Stephenson and Katie said...

K now I'm feeling like a bad mom because Beckham gets a new goosebump daily now that he is crawling... and it doesn't make me cry! Now I feel bad that I don't cry when he does :( I'll work on that....

Jamie said...

i'm sorry. serena won't remember, luckily :) i'm excited for tomrrow!

k8e said...

Don't worry, Luke has already had stitches, bleeding mouth several times, and yesterday cracked the back of his head open, not to mentiond getting the wind knocked out of him at the same time. I sobbed like a baby the first time too, and the second, and the third. I actually did good yesterday though. GOod luck to you!

Sean said...

I noticed that she no longer responds to her name and does not recognize her mouse doll like she used to!!! HAHA. I guess 1 good thing about getting a lot of me is that she got my hard head.