12.30.2009

now what?

Photobucket

i got this lovely sewing machine for christmas.

i asked for it. i helped pick it out.

but now what?

i have not touched a sewing machine since eighth grade home ec!

i got out the manual to see what i could learn, but none of the sewing jargon makes any sense to me. i sit and stare at it, and have no clue what to do with it. it's pretty. i like it. but i need help!

mother dear, please help!

p.s. do you have a sewing machine? and do you actually use it? {please say yes.}

p.p.s. serena is still a sleeping fool. 12 hours again last night!

6 comments:

Caprene said...

I love my sewing machine. I say just play around with it. Buy some cheap fabric to practice your stitches, test out all the settings on your machine to see what you like and then go wild sewing all sorts of lovely things.

Morgan said...

i am obsessed with my sewing machine! i can totally help you out girl whenever you need it!

jamirodana said...

I have one that i use once in a while. I'll bet you could google it and find video tutorials and learn things that way??? :)
Maybe when you get those "Davis County" education booklets with the different classes they teach for really cheap.........I did it with photography a year or so ago. It was great!

Ann said...

Love, love, love my sewing machine! Just play. you can always unpick. :)

Here is another girl from Utah State that I blog-stalk (she has no idea who I am or that I know all sorts of things about her life....but I really like her)

http://www.gdanfamily.blogspot.com/

You'll like some of the stuff she just sewed. :)

Adrienne said...

I just barely started sewing (and not well) but I'm finding some great blogs for some projects. check out

http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty new with mine too but LOVE it!!! I mad the cutest curtains for my girls rooms! I agree though. Use some old fabric and just try it out. You will probably need help with threading it if you don't remember hoe though. Have fun!!!