12.10.2009

ode to the onion.

Photobucket
i think i must be related to shrek. in fact, if you look at my costco card photo, you can even see the resemblance.

but apart from my ogre-ish photo, mostly we just share a love of onions.

i ♥ onion rings {possibly the best junk food ever}.
i ♥ a grilled hamburger with a thick slice of red onion.
i ♥ a delicious greek salad with lots of onion.
i ♥ creamed onions {had them on thanksgiving for the first time... amazing!}.
i ♥ fresh salsa with lots of onion.
i ♥ the diced onion that mcdonalds puts on their kids meal hamburgers.

to all of you onion haters:
i don't believe you.
i bet you eat onions all the time and you just don't know they are there.
because they are delicious.
and they give flavor to lots and lots of delicious foods.

respect the onion.

7 comments:

Tatum Wheeler said...

ha ha thats funny I love mcdonalds diced onions on the kids cheeseburger. YUM

Jamie said...

i hate onions :)

Actually, becuase you and my husband have the same ridiculous obsession (looking like shrek, jk) I've had to eat lots more than intended...

I can handle onion rings, but mostly just the breading :)
I like cooking with onions as long as their small enough i can't tell i'm eating them :)
I HATE mcdonald's and when they leave those chopped onions on my hamburger!!

Just my opinion...

dave + kirst said...

LOVE onions too Ariel - I'm with you on the onion rings - my favorites are at Hires Big H or Crown Burger, super fresh and yummy.

Rachel said...

I wouldn't eat onions (or mushrooms for some reason) until I was in my 20s and when I finally did, I kicked myself for denying my tastebuds such a wonderful tasting food. They are yummy.

Kess said...

This whole time I thought I was alone in our group of friends with my love for onions. I actually feel like our friendship has grown stronger now :)

Morgan said...

I totally could not agree more!

Alicia said...

Believe me onions for the most part (except onion rings because they are fried and any fried food pretty much is good, and in salsa) are disgusting! And they give people horrible breath!