8.11.2008

reading list.

Maybe making a list will motivate me to read some of the books I own and have yet to read. There are many.

the book thief.
the secret garden.
the kite runner.
the chosen.
gone with the wind.
ella enchanted.
the holy secret.
ever.
the remains of the day.
a countess below stairs.
the memory keeper's daughter.
emma.
standing for something.
persuasion.
daniel deronda.

There are more... but I'm getting embarrassed about the length of this list! What should I start with? Any recommendations {besides the kite runner!}?

p.s. I just noticed that I have been spelling "embarrassed" wrong for as long as I can remember. I thought there was only one "r". I always thought I was a relatively good speller... maybe not!

6 comments:

jamirodana said...

It's okay. You have your whole life to read those books. At least you have a list.
I hear about a book being good and then forget about it the next day. I need to write them down.
I have the problem of starting books and never finishing them. Blah.

Sue said...

Great list! My vote is for Emma since that is the book club book this month. Then I would probably say The Kite Runner.

Sean said...

How about we watch Arrested Development 2nd season instead? Thats what I think.

Gina said...

Standing for Something is one of my favorite books. It's a great one. Start with that. :)

Chris and Tara said...

Obviously, Breaking Dawn should be first :) then I would say Gone With the Wind. It's a classic and where I got my name from.

Chris and Tara said...

I also like Sean's idea. Arrested Development is better than reading. :)