8.08.2008

4 years ago.

Sean and I started dating in August of 2004. We met at a party and about a week later, Sean went on a road trip to Canada with his brothers & dad. He left on the Friday of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics in Greece. I was in bed at home recovering from my lithotripsy the day before {oh, the joys of kidney stones}. Sean and I had been texting each other every day since the party. He thought I was making up the kidney stones as an excuse to not go out with him, but when he found out from Alicia that they were for real, he was very sweet :) He was leaving that afternoon for the road trip, but he bought some treats and had Alicia bring them to me. So that night, I layed on the couch, watching the openeing ceremonies, enjoying my diet coke & tootsie pops from Sean. After he got home from Canada, we went on our first date and were pretty much inseparable from that point on. We spent a lot of our time together in those early weeks watching the events, especially the swimming and diving. The Summer Olympics will always remind me of our early dating days. I can't believe it's been 4 years! Love you, Sean!

4 comments:

Sean said...

I remember that I was in Calgary when I got your text saying thanks. I remember the feeling everytime I heard my phone buzz on that trip...was it ariel??
And if it was the excitment of texting you back and if it wasn't, being all bummed out. It is still that way today! I love getting texts from you. Which reminds me, I need to wear my Canada Olympic jacket I bought in Edmonton.

Joanna McGuire said...

That is so cute. I have never had kidney stones but some of my family does and it does not sound pleasant. You guys are a cute couple and sean is awesome.

Gina said...

Cute. Weren't those opening ceremonies amazing last night?

Val said...

Aww, cute story! :)