7.26.2009

husband vs. wife.

the challenge:
while hanging out with anthony & gina one night last week, the conversation turned to a debate: who would win in a 40 yard dash, anthony or gina? each is convinced they would win. so to settle the debate, they will be racing. date/time/location are yet to be determined, but we'll be sure to let you all know. in the meantime, cast your votes. who do you think will win? here are the athlete bios:

the challengers:

Photobucket

when asked why he would win both challenges, anthony is quoted saying: "i'm a male and i'm fast". anthony will not be training before the races.
Photobucket
gina has won first place medals in track & field competitions. she was the fastest female athlete on the jr. varsity and varsity basketball teams in high school {1999-2001}. she is currently training for her 3rd 1/2 marathon, which will take place in 2 weeks. she has been doing speed work at the end of each of her trainings.

the events:
1. 40 yard dash
2. quarter mile run {one lap around the track}.

vote:
vote on the polls on the sidebar. we'd like to know who is favored to win each event. {my votes are for gina!}

12 comments:

Brittany said...

Duh, obviously Gina.

I love your new header. Did you create the background or is it digital scrapbook stuff? It's so cute.

Rachel said...

How can Gina NOT win? Seriously.

Sean said...

I gotta give it to my man Anthony in the 40. I'm not sure about the lap though. I'll have to wait on that one. For now I voted for Gina. That may change though. Anthony, if you lose both we may have to come up with a new nick name for you like...."Harry Potter"

ariel said...

brittany, the green faux wood is digital scrapbooking paper from designer digitals. and i downloaded the font from abstractfonts.com. all done in paint because i still don't have photoshop :)

Brittany said...

Thanks Ariel! So, you should download Gimp. It's free and I really like it.

Jennie said...

Awesome. Are you selling tickets to the event? Because I'd buy one. Gina will totally kill him.

Gina said...

i love it!!! the best part is how awesome it makes me sound! you better believe i voted for myself... we need to come up with a date and time. man, we may have to sell tickets to this thing. :)

Shawnee said...

Go Gina!

Chris said...

NO freaking way. My man Anthony will stomp Gina. It's right there in black and white. He's a male and he's fast. Beyond that he is stubborn as anything and as Gina passes him he will be questioning his manhood so will kick it in. Anthony is like Seabiscuit, ugly, poor form, and all heart. Totally betting on Antz. (maybe a small sidebet under an assumed name for Gina to cover my losses)

Chris said...

Seabiscuit vs. War Admiral

My money is on my man Anthony. He's male and he's fast. He's like Seabiscuit. Ugly, poor form, but ALL HEART! Never bet against the biscuit. $20 on Antz in both events. (I'll have Tara place a sidebet on War Admiral, aka Gina to cover my almost certain losses.)

Sean said...

After a whole day of thinking about it. I changed my vote on the 1 lap around the track. I'm going with Anthony aka "Harry Potter".

Sue said...

Let us know when the races are. I have my "GO GINA" signs already made.