3.28.2009

no exceptions here.

for some reason when i learned i was pregnant, i thought i would be the exception to all the rules.

e.g.

i thought to myself:

i'll be the one who gets zero strech marks.

i'll be the one who looks and feels gorgeous all the time.

i'll be the one who gains like 10lbs total {ya know... 7lbs of baby... 3lbs of amniotic fluid & stuff}.

i'll be the one who looks exactly like i did pre-pregnancy the day after i give birth.

i'll be the one who faithfully exercises every day and keeps a clean house.

i'll be the one who never eats junk food and makes home-cooked meals every night {hahahahhahahahahahahhahhhhhhhh HA!}.

i'll be the one who can wear all of my pre-pregnancy jeans throughout the whole pregnancy {again... hahahahh!Hahahaha! HA!}.

let's all have a good laugh at naive little ariel :)

well, my friends, i am not the exception to the rules. the only thing i got to skip was the puking... but at least you pukers get to lose a little weight before the lbs start coming and coming and COMING!

i just have to keep reminding myself that in 51 days, our beautiful baby girl will be here... and we'll be so in love with her... and it will all have been worth it.

{and i can stop getting bigger and start getting smaller.}

7 comments:

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I'm right there with ya! I slowly learning this isn't what I thought it would be like. Lucky you, you only have a short time before you your little girl is here. I for sure thought I would be able to wear my normal clothes until half way.... Haha that didn't happen.

Kim said...

he he. i love this post!~ I for sure am not the exception. i think i have had the most text book pregnancy. with every symptom. . . i will forever be jealous that you didnt have to puke! cant wait till the shower in like two weeks! and i can NOT believe baby girl is almost here!

Juliann said...

LOVED this post, Ariel! I, too, thought I was the exception to all the rules. Turned out that I wasn't. It's funny how you think that way, even though everyone you know and everything you read tells you the opposite!

Janessa Taylor said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO funny!! Yeah, I thought I was the exception to some of those as well!! Especially those that lose it really fast afterwards... I'm at 1 lb. per week. I think that's slow. Maybe it's fast, but I still can't fit into a LOT of my clothes, so.... maybe you'll be the exception in the losing weight category :) I'll pray for you. ;)

Gretchen said...

:) This post just made my whole day.....I remember feeling that SAME way

Joanna McGuire said...

You crack me up!! I am starting to feel huge and feeling like none of my clothes are fitting right. Good times!!

Erika said...

You are right, it is totally worth it!!!!!