3.01.2009

childbirth class.

well i must admit, i thoroughly enjoyed our childbirth class yesterday. i'm not sure i can say the same for sean. he did come, though, and actually watched both of the birth videos. here are some highlights of the day:

the older lady who had done a LOT of research about EVERYTHING and felt like she needed to let us {and the teacher} know all of her many insights. every class needs one of these, right?

my shock and horror when learning that i will more than likely have a catheter during this whole childbirth ordeal. i'm not sure why that freaks me out more than an iv or the epidural, but it does.

the cute baby! during the tour of the hospital, we got to go stand at the window of the nursery and "oooh" and "ahhh" over somebody's sweet little baby girl :) it made me so excited.

sean turning to me somewhere in the middle of the class {probably after the birth video} and saying, "you're my hero".

the life saver mint object lesson. she had us suck on a life saver mint to see how it "dilates" and "effaces". we'll never look at those mints the same way.

sean learning some massage techniques. i got a nice 10 minute massage. it was great.

our teacher totally selling me on the epidural {not like i wasn't sold already...}.

and last but not least, lunch at jason's deli. we had never been... and it was seriously good. sean looked and the menu and said "what is this? a health food place?" and then he ended up loving his sandwich :) ooh and they have soft serve ice cream for freeeee. yum.

9 comments:

Kim said...

how cute!!! i bet a whole day of childbirth class was really fun:) And ps.. Jason's Deli is AMAZING!!

Steph said...

We ever took one of those classes...but that mint thing made me laugh like a ninnie! And I swear to you the catheter thing just isn't that big of a deal! I promise!!!

Stephenson and Katie said...

You guys are good, we definitely did NOT go to a childbirth class. And the catheter is NOT BAD at all! You don't even feel it cause you have the epidural. I was actually sad when they took it out cause it meant I had to get my sore body outta bed!

Tiffany said...

What a fun experience. Ryan told me it was an 8 hour class- yipes! I didn't get the chance to do one- but I had wanted to :) I didnt know about the catheter until it was too late... :}

Sean said...

Best sandwich of my life! and it was even on wheat.

Dagley Family said...

Good for you to get Sean to go. Just make sure he doesn't eat in front of you at the hospital when it comes to labor and delivery. They brought two meals in for Brett and he ate in front of me while I couldn't eat for 13 hours!!! Funny thing Brett brought home jason's deli on saturday out of the blue. It was yummy.

Sue said...

I'm glad your class went well! We start our classes on Wednesday (we couldn't fit the Saturday on into our schedule). I told my sister that you will be at her hospital and she is going to watch for you...try to make sure you go in on a Monday since that is the only day she works. :)

Gretchen said...

I love the "you're my hero" comment :) those classes are definitly interesting, we went to one and it was good/ scary/weird but I'm really glad we went it getting so close! :)

Erika said...

I loved our Lamaze classes together! Yes, I'm one of those crazy people that didn't want an epidural, then after 24 hours of labor without one was forced to have ac-section due to swelling of my cervix, anyway, you will do fine and catheters aren't bad at all, you won't even feel them put it on.