3.06.2009

100,000.

It finally happened. While driving I looked down at my mileage and noticed that I officially hit the 100,000 miles milestone!! It seems like just yesterday that I went and bought my very first car. It was an 03 Mazda 6 brand new. My first brand new car and my first car purchase. I felt like I was the biggest stud in the world. I have had a lot of fond memories in that car and i have 100,000 miles to prove it. Some of the greatest moments were:

-picking up Ariel for our first date
-driving to Denver so that Ariel could try out for American Idol (we were engaged when we made this trip)
-driving to St. George and Las Vegas for multiple trips
-driving through Tin Cup during a blizzard and Ariel being scared that we were going to die and me telling her we were fine, that I had driven in worse.....truthfully I was scared to death and never had driven through something like that.
-our many dates in that car
-my first kiss in that car.....which was Ariel! (Good thing, huh)
-creating my own Mazda cd when I was single so I could blast Ghetto Superstar and I wanna be a Cowboy with my Bose sound system. (I wonder where that cd is)
-never been in an accident in that car
-only one speeding ticket....on the drive to Denver!
-tires for LIFE!!!
-cleaning my car every weekend. (this happened when I was single, not so much now)
-driving to Bear Lake and parking it on the beach.
-when I take my car into Mazda to get a lube and oil everyone knows me by name.
-going to the drive in movies with Ariel every summer

9 comments:

Stephenson and Katie said...

Mazda's are the bomb... we LOVE ours!

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I love Mazda's. I do love how they know you by name whenever you go in there!

Josh and Jay said...

Um, I have your Mazda c.d.
PS remember that I love you and I don't own a Mazda

Andrew Frost said...

I remember the first time I rode in the car. We went to Wendy's, and as soon as we got there, that one dude said, "That's a sweet car!" I was like, "Wow, this really must be something cool." Still I bet you haven't gotten as many comments as I have about my Subaru. Too Bad. Anyway, congrats on such a special moment. I hope you pulled over, so that your tears of joy and nostalgia didn't jeopardize anyone else.

Sean said...

Yeah, man I remember that...that guy came up and was like what kind of sound system do you have in there. We were like, who are you? And than he just walked away. Great memory. Thanks Drew!

Chris and Tara said...

I'm impressed with your wicked driving skills. That was a nice walk down memory lane. Ü

Janessa Taylor said...

Ariel tried out for American Idol?? Wow! :) PS I do enjoy the last two David Archuleta singles :)

Kawa Rangers said...

Ouch man...that hurts that Tuia and I couldn't make the list. No memories of Apollo Burger? Again, ouch.

Sean said...

The memory with you and Tuia now thinking about it was driving up to the Utah vs. Oregan game. That was a good memory too.