2.20.2009

smelly opera.

last night i went to another random concert with my mom that we read about in the newspaper. it just happened to be another byu performance, which was kind of fun because it was a lot of the same singers. it was a bunch of different opera scenes... some VERY good... some ok. but seriously let's get on with the interesting parts of the night...

1. so the guy who sat in the seat right next to me STUNK SO BAD. it was unbearable. i know i'm more sensitive right now but it was just BAD. i overheard him talking to the people next to him, saying that he usually wears a suit & tie to events like that, but he had to come straight from work. and it was very apparent to me at that moment that he works at a VERY STINKY restaurant. and he must have eaten the food too because every time he breathed i could smell it stronger. nice, right? so i suffered through the first half and then we moved at intermission.

2. on the way home, just as we were getting off the freeway, some disgusting man threw his cigarette butt out of his window. it landed on our windshield {scared the heck out of my mom, who was driving} and then fell down into the crack between the wipers and the hood. then it proceeded to pump cigarette smoke through the air system! it was soooo bad. we stopped the car and tried to get it out, but we ended up wedging it deeper down. when i got home like 10 minutes later, my clothes REEKED and sean wouldn't cuddle me because my hair stunk even worse. my mom was all distraught because she is going to the temple this morning with a friend and her car smells like cigarette smoke :)

so that was our fun/smelly evening.

3 comments:

Gina said...

yet another reason why i hate smokers!

Miken said...

after reading this i've seen a few fools flip cigs out their windows and now i'm paranoid that it's gonna get stuck in my car and make it all smelly! thanks for making me paranoid! :)

Chris and Tara said...

I would have been so mad if that was my car. I hate people that toss their butts out the window- now I know why.