2.05.2009

confessions and happy notes.

confessions:

1. i had to use a beach towel when i got out of the shower this morning. that's how long it's been since i did the laundry.

2. when i got home from work the past two days, i did absolutely nothing besides eat dinner, watch tv and go to bed. GROSS.

3. i've eaten terribly this week. and i've felt terrible as consequence.

4. i drank 2 cans of full-caffeine ddp on saturday.

5. i still haven't unpacked my bags from the cabin trip over the weekend.

ok now that you're all thoroughly disgusted with me...

happy notes:

1. even though i felt disgusting watching all of that tv, i was SUPER entertained by american idol. it's so good this year! i seriously love "norman gentle". i think he's hilarious. should he be making it this far? probably not. but i love him.

2. today i WILL unpack my bags, do the laundry and eat better!! i packed a lunch for the first time in who knows how long {a yummy salad with lots of veggies}.

3. the nursery is getting cuter all the time! i'm happy with my choice of bedding, which has been the inspiration for all other decorating choices. it's bright and fun and not too girly, although i have been incorporating some pink into the room. these lamps, this table & this rug are some of my favorite additions.

4. today is the day, ladies and gentlemen. the revealing of baby girl's name. you had to prove yourself worthy of it by reading this whole post! we weren't going to post it until she came, but we decided, what the heck! we're not going to change our minds. our little girl will be named:

Serena
From a Late Latin name which was derived from Latin serenus meaning "clear, tranquil, serene".
Gender: Feminine
Usage: English, Italian
Pronounced: sə-REEN-ə (English)

it's also a family name on my side. no middle name yet, but we do have a couple in mind.

9 comments:

Sean said...

i was starting to like baby girl for her name.

Adrienne said...

I think Serena is great... oh and it's totally your job to go home after work and do nothing. Relish in it because you'll miss being able to sit around and do nothing by the time you get to where I am. Even if I were pregnant again I wouldn't have that luxury.

* said...

I love your blog posts!! And the name is so pretty. I like it a lot and can't wait to see how beautiful she is! And by the way - most days when I come home from work I eat dinner and watch tv and nothing else. and I agree, it is rather gross. haha!!

Amy said...

I saw a link to your blog from someone else's in the ward - hope it isn't too stalkerish for me to read? :)

I just have to say, I love the name Serena!
And I hate beach towel days....been there, done that!

Gina said...

I love that you haven't unpacked your bags yet. You're just like me. Anthony is opposite...he unpacks the minute he gets home. At least you haven't had "attic" stuff sitting around in your home for MONTHS! BTW, Anthony put all of it away finally last night!! YAHOO!! Sorry you had to see it - I'm excited to show you my clean house now.

Sue said...

I love the name and can't wait to see pictures of the nursery. It sounds really cute!

Joanna McGuire said...

Oh I love her name that is so cute. I wasn't grossed out about your stuff, it sounds like me everyday. I know that is bad.

Juliann said...

Absolutely love the name Serena. Beautiful!!

Chris and Tara said...

I liked the name baby girl but think Serena is prettier. Ü