2.25.2009

blah.

remember this lovely test? i got to go back and do the long version of it because apparently some levels of something were too high on my lab work from the first time. this was my morning:

8:30 drive to clinic.
9:15 give blood & urine samples.
9:20 drink twice as much of the gross drink {glucola} as last time.
9:30 feel super icky {praying that the glucola isn't coming back up} for about 30 minutes.

sit around at the clinic for an hour with sean...

10:20 give blood & urine samples.

sit around at the clinic for another hour with sean...

11:20 give blood & urine samples.

sit around at the clinic for another hour with sean...

11:45 start feeling SO SO sick... pukey, shaky, sweaty, dizzy {i haven't eaten for 12+ hours}
12:20 give blood & urine samples.
12:25 inhale a bag of chex mix.
12:35 start feeling better... well enough to inhale a salad from cafe rio :)

you know you've been at the clinic too long when you've seen several patients walk in and then leave several hours later in a wheelchair after having outpatient sugery.

on the bright side, we did get plenty of time to play tetris on my phone, make up ridiculous middle names for the baby, people watch {always fun at a doctor's office}, take some dumb pictures and explore the clinic!

{i apologize that ALL i ever post about is pregnancy... but it's pretty much our life right now!}

9 comments:

Dream come true said...

Just wait till the baby is born then you really wont have a life! I had to do that second glucose check and to make matters worse they forgot about me for the first hour so I started it late blah. at least its over

Joanna McGuire said...

Sounds like a fun time, not looking forward to that one. I am glad it is over though and I am glad you had Sean to keep you entertained.

Adrienne said...

i had to do the long one with my second. at least you had company. I was SO bored

Tiffany said...

Yuck- Im glad I didnt have to get tested for diabetes ;) I did have to wait an hour for my appointments every other week though. I read a lot of books last summer :)

Stephenson and Katie said...

OHhh man I'm sorry you had to take that yucky test!! Do you have the results yet? At least you looked really cute in the waiting room :)

Elise & Ty said...

LUCKY YOU! I'm glad that's over. :) Hope the results are good. Here's our pathetic blog...maybe you can give me some pointers cuz yours is super cute.

Sue said...

How awful! That drink stuff is horrible and I can't believe you had to drink two of them. I hope your tests come back normal so you don't have to go through that stuff again.

Whit,Tiff and B said...

That sucks! I hate giving blood and not eating. Your day sounded bay. I'm sorry.

Amy said...

Ugh, I'm sorry! Glad you survived! And I hope the tests come back the way they should. :)