1.24.2009

puzzle, belle and kicks

When Ariel and I were dating we had a lot of puzzle nights. We would sit talking forever and do puzzles. I would always have to save her the last piece so she could finish it off. We have continued this into our marriage and every once in awhile sit down and do a puzzle. For Christmas Ariel bought me the puzzle pictured above. (Beauty and the Beast is by far my favorite Disney movie! And I've always said that Belle is the hottest animated character.) Anyway, this is what the puzzle looks like when complete. Last night Ariel and I were working on the puzzle and the baby starting kicking. Ariel told me to come feel. I sat with my hand on her baby "bump" for a long time. I even started doing the puzzle again because I was not feeling anything and then it happened...I FELT HER KICK!! Right on my palm! It was the first interaction that I have had with my daughter and it was so exciting. Last night was one of the most memorable puzzle nights of my life. And the best thing about it was I got to share it with my favorite girls...Ariel, Baby Girl and Belle!!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

cute... you gonna name her Belle now? Oh and Randy's always thought Belle was the hottest too

Joanna McGuire said...

I loved reading this post, it was so dang cute. Belle was one of the cutest, I agree.

Gina said...

It's pretty neat isn't it?! I totally remember the first time I felt Aria kick...you don't forget those kinds of things. But I do have to say Baby Girl needs a name...and quick.

Chris and Tara said...

That was a really sweet post. Nicely done, Sean.