1.08.2009

more baby stuff...from sean this time.

So Ariel has done such a good job of writing down her thoughts and feelings during the pregnancy that I thought it only fair that I did. Here are some of the questions I have received and here are my real thoughts and feelings on them.

Do you want a boy or Girl?

This is the question I have fielded the most. I’m sure most people having a baby have heard this and I probably asked it a few times myself. The answer is: We are excited for either a boy or girl just as long as he/she is healthy. I knew that Ariel really wanted a girl. I honestly did not care but having a girl scared me more than having a boy. I didn’t realize how much it scared me until the doctor told us. So when we heard we were having a girl it was a lot for me to take in. I started imagining myself reading princess stories, playing house, and going to park playing soccer (Soccer is the sport I will encourage her to play). This part of having a girl excites me and I am not worried about it what so ever. The part I’m scared to death about is the age range of 12 to 18!!! First off, what boy will be good enough for my girl? It will be heartbreaking when my girl would rather hang out with her friends than her dad. What do I do when my girl comes home crying because so and so was asked to the dance by the boy she likes. When it comes to boys, I would never worry about these things and if it happened I would know how to handle them. (Plus if my boy came home crying over a dance we have a whole new set of problems!) I find myself watching the interaction between Dads and their daughters more. I think to myself on how I would handle the situation. I've noticed how more things I observe hit closer to home. Like watching T.V. dads I’ve come to the conclusion that Danny Tanner was a great Dad but the best T.V. Dad in my opinion was Dr. Heathcliff “Cliff” Huxtable. (Don’t get me started on why the show was called the Cosby Show when their last name was Huxtable. I always found that confusing!) Anyhow, all those shows hit home to me and I think “Man, I really like the way Danny handled the problem” (usually with a hug) or how Cliff showed his children the right way of doing something (usually with some weird dancing moves or facial expressions). What kind of dad will I be to my baby girl? I don’t know but I’m really excited for the adventure.

How is Ariel feeling and what is she craving?

This is question #2. I don’t mind this question because I love talking about my wife!! (Bonus points) Sometimes I forget she is pregnant because A.) We never had to go through the sickness stage with her. We have been blessed in that department and B.) She really isn’t showing although she claims she is now. Ariel has not really had any big cravings either. The only one I can remember was the time she really wanted a Lime. When I say lime I guess I mean the taste of it because she wanted me to buy a sprite….which she really doesn’t drink, and buy limes to cut up and put in the drink. I did find that weird. But that was the only thing so far. For all those who are wondering how Sean is feeling,….I am feeling great! I’m way excited about Daddy’s little girl. Also I am praying that she gets her mother’s looks.

As for what I’m craving….that is easy….Oreos!!

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

so cute. nice post Sean

Jamie said...

My favorite was the oreo part.. Oh, and Danny Tanner! Please be cheesy like him (no offense)... He was the best :)

Erika said...

What a great daddy you will be! Girls are fun, they really are, my husband loves our little girl...he does want a boy sometime though. Isn't it funny how once you are in the parent mind set everything changes?

Sean said...

Don't you worry about offending me on that one because I am cheesy like Danny T. The best thing about both T.V. dads is that they sure pull of the sweater look like myself! I should fit right in.

Shawnee said...

What a sweet post, Sean! My friend told me about a book that's about dad and their daughters. I'll find out the title and send it your way. It's all about the daddy-daughter relationship! You guys will be great parents!

Josh and Jay said...

Sean, I didn't know you had thoughts and feeling...
You should share them more often! I KNOW you will be a great dad because you were a great big brother!!