1.23.2009

22-24 weeks.

"At about this time the reality of having a baby is definately setting in {maybe it's the fact that you can't see your toes}."

"Your ribs are probably pining away for the good old days when they didn't have a foot permanently lodged between them."

"In the past few weeks, the top of your uterus has risen above your belly button..."

"By the time you are 24 weeks pregnant, your uterus should be two fingers above the navel."

"At this point, you may find your belly becoming a hand magnet."

This is what everything I have read says I should be experiencing at 24 weeks or earlier. Somehow none of these apply to me! The top of my uterus is definately not 2 fingers above my belly button. If that were the case, I might actually look pregnant! And this girl is nowhere near my ribs. No one touches my belly {except for my mom}, because it would be rude to do that to someone who probably just ate a big lunch :) Someone needs to write a "Pregnancy For the Tall, Average Weight Woman" book. I would buy it.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

i don't think i fit any of those at that time either but the foot in the ribs i definatly got later on

Unknown said...

I SO know what you are talking about! I didn't "look" pregnant to me until 28 weeks and no one noticed until I was 32 weeks! They really do need to make a book for pregnant TALL girls. Also, I was never "huge" until I was almost 2 weeks overdue! I hope that doesn't happen to you:)

Janessa Taylor said...

LOL yeah you aren't looking pregnant enough for some of those! But honestly after being so uncomfortable in the end due to my huge belly, you kinda feel lucky you're tall and didn't show for a while :)

Miken said...

hey ariel,
i haven't really talked to you since like elementary but i really like your blog... you have the cutest style! i found your blog from katie borski's blog. anyway, i'm glad you're doing well :)
miken