1.18.2009

heart garland.

out of sheer boredom and excitement for valentines day, i made this garland the other day. now i just need to have a valentine's party so it doesn't look totally random in my house. it was so fun to make, though! i melted all of the pink/red/purple crayons in different patterns onto copy paper in my frying pan {medium low heat}. while the wax was still hot, i sprinkled red glitter over the paper. after the wax cooled, i cut out the hearts. then i punched some holes in them and strung them on a piece of string. i could probably find something like this at walmart for like a dollar, but where's the fun in that?

9 comments:

Whitney said...

That looks so cute! I needed some Valentines decorations in my life too! So I bought some votives from Target with hearts :-) Much less creative but it makes me so happy.

Adrienne said...

you're cute

Dagley Family said...

Wow! Where do you find these cute ideas.

Morgan said...

Thats way cute I really like it!

* said...

wow that's really cool. Wish I was creative like that!!

Shawnee said...

How fun! Was it a mess to clean up or not so much once the wax was cooled?

ariel said...

the only thing that was messy was the glitter. i made sure i cut the hearts out over a cookie sheet to keep the glitter from getting everywhere.

Chris and Tara said...

Aren't you the crafty one...

Erika said...

That is so cute!