1.08.2009

beignets.

Our friend, Brandon, went to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl & brought us back this yummy mix for french doughnuts. I tried them out tonight... and seriously... they were delicious. The best scone-like food I've ever eaten.
And it was as simple as un, deux, trois, quatre!
I did make a huge mess, however. I also got the oil WAAAAAY too hot at first so it was cooking itself and our whole downstairs was in a cloud of smoke :) {woops i used a smiley face...}
But this fried, sugary goodness was so worth it. I still have half the mix left... and if you ask nicely, I might just make another batch and share. {thanks sean for airing out the house! and thanks brandon for the treat!}

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Yummy those look so tasty!

Caprene said...

So scrumptious! I bought that same mix when I went to New Orleans for work a few years back. I'd love to find the mix here, but you may agree that that would be rather dangerous for the waistline...

Gina said...

We'll take four.

Eliza said...

ohhh those look divine. You had me at the scone tasting part. ummm.

Shawnee said...

You need way more powdered sugar on those yummy treats! When we ate these at Cafe DuMonde, they were loaded with powdered sugar! Brady wondered if the cafe's waste comes out as frosting because there was SO MUCH powdered sugar!