1.22.2008

Weekend

We had a very fun holiday weekend! Friday night we went out to dinner with my little sisters and Erika. We went to Joy Luck... of course! I seriously love their food. I'm sure they probably know us by name by now :) Then we played at my house.

Saturday we got up early to go to the cabin with Heather and Annette. We didn't stay for very long, but we did get a chance to sled down the driveway, go for a short ride on the snowmobiles, play in the snow, and watch 2 episodes of the Cosby show (random, I know). Then Sean and I went back to Kaysville and babysat our nieces. They are so funny and cute! I love hanging out with them. Kelty taught us how to play the Wii too. How sad... a 4 year old is better than me :)

On Sunday I sang for my mom's friend's Relief Society. Cara was teaching the lesson called "God The Eternal Father" and she wanted me to sing a song that she wrote for her dad. I felt a little bit heartless. The song was very sappy (as can be expected when someone writes a song for their dad) and I was kind of not looking forward to singing it. But all of the ladies in the room were crying! And once I heard the song in context with the rest of the lesson, it was very fitting. I'm glad that all those women enjoyed it, at least! We also ate dinner with the whole family at my parents house on Sunday. I love it when everyone comes!

Sean had to work on Monday, so I got to do all of my chores! I cleaned the house, did laundry, went grocery shopping, shoveled snow (and LOTS of it), etc. I also was finally able to make some preparations for the cabin this weekend! I'm getting really excited to be with all of my friends! YES! I hope the weather is not toooooo snowy. It is supposed to snow on Thursday night and Friday and then again on Saturday night. Hopefully our friend up at Timberlakes gets the roads plowed!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Wow, that looks fun! You are so adventurous!