1.08.2008

New Calling

I am excited/terrified for my new calling in our ward! On Sunday I was sustained and set apart as the ward choir director. I have absolutely NO experience directing a choir! I have only ever led the music for Relief Society & Sacrament meeting a handful of times! I am really grateful for the opportunity and for the experience that this will give me. I felt really peaceful about it when I was set apart. So this should be interesting. I am glad that I have had plenty of experience singing in a choir, at least.

One thing I am really excited about is that I will be choosing the music! Sometimes I get frustrated when ward choirs try to perform music that is too difficult for them. I will definately be sticking to very simple music. I think it will be prettier and that's all I can handle right now anyway!

Anyway, I'll keep you updated. We'll have our first practice in 2 weeks. I still don't know where we can practice because I don't have a piano at my house! And the building is pretty much occupied all day on Sunday. I don't think I would get a great turnout if I had practice at 8:00am :)

1 comment:

Erika said...

Congrats! Good luck. My husband would be jealous, he would love that calling. He loves to lead and sing.