1.29.2008

Movies to See Before I Die:

Last night Sean and I went to Blockbuster and I was looking around the store while Sean picked out his movie (that's right... we can't agree on a movie so we each get our own). I started noticing all of these "classics" that I had never seen... and I started to feel ashamed! So I have compiled a list of movies I have to see before I die:

1. Funny Girl (my sisters are SHOCKED that I haven't seen this one... I'm practically an embarassment to the family)
2. Gone With the Wind (OK... I actually HAVE seen this... but I was like 10 and I don't remember it)
3. South Pacific (It's sad when you know all of the songs but have never actually SEEN the show)
4. Casablanca (I cringe as I write this... my sisters will be so ashamed!)
5. An Affair to Remember (AHHHH! they REALLY are going to disown me!)
6. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (I confess I have never seen a Marilyn Monroe movie and this is my choice because it has "Diamonds are a girls best friend" in it)
7. To Catch a Thief (Directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Cary Grant & Grace Kelly... How can you go wrong there?)
8. Paris, When it Sizzles (I LOVE Audrey Hepburn and this is one of her movies I haven't seen)
9. Citizen Kane (this is said to be one of the best films of all time. I've seen parts of it but never the whole thing)
10. Some Like it Hot (another Marilyn Monroe film I would like to see)

Well this is just 10 of them... I'm sure I could think of plenty of others (The Music Man, Carousel, Bringing up Baby, Show Boat, Vertigo, His Girl Friday, etc.)

3 comments:

Erika said...

Good luck seeing all of those. I, too, have seen Gone with the Wind but it's been forever! Don't remember anything about it.

Eliza said...

okay, first of all you might be my kindred spirit, especially if you even know what that means. : ), I am way obsessed with Audrey Hepburn, and basically old movies in general. Haven't seen either of those marilyn monroe movies and am feeling okay about it too. probably my favorite on your list is an affair to remember, oh my gosh it is sooooooo romantic and sweet!funny girl is great, gone with the wind is amazing, casablanca- don't remember, to catch a thief, classic, citizen kane very interesting and as far as paris when it sizzles you might be in for a disappointment it is pretty weird and very fluffy and light. anyway, dont you love that I just gave you totally unsolicited advice? well, hurry and see those and do a review, I'm curious what you think.

Eliza said...

okay sorry, I just noticed that you had romney experience on your links, how did you come across it? it actually is written by my brother.