1.04.2011

new year's resolution.

Photobucket

i made good on a couple of my resolutions last year {making my bed! oh yeah!}, and i'm hoping to keep this one alive in 2011 {and for a long time after that}. my goal:

a. plan 3 dinners per week.
b. do all shopping for the meals at the beginning of the week, in one trip to the grocery store.
c. sit down at the table and eat dinner as a family.

this is HUGE for me, friends. i am terrible at meal planning. most nights i am making something for serena, something different for me, and letting sean fend for himself. {don't judge, he's the world's pickiest eater.} but i would really like to start sitting down at the dinner table as a family every night and we pretty much NEVER do that. 3 dinners per week is a good number for us. sean and i are each gone one night a week. and when you're cooking for 2 1/2, there are always leftovers {although sean won't eat them...}.

this week's menu {entirely from eat your veggies, peas}:

1. low fat broccoli cream soup + green salad
2. easy chicken cordon bleu + green beans
3. mini meatloaves + broccoli

and on a side note, these are some of my favorite food blogs to borrow recipes from:

redhead recipes
the pioneer woman cooks
eat your veggies, peas
sweet basil
zupas

6 comments:

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

I LOVE that resolution, I think its great!! I think I should try that too! I remember reading ur resolution last year about ur bed and I tried it for a week..thats it. Its sooo hardd, so I think thats great that u still do it

Janessa Taylor said...

I made chicken noodle soup (from scratch) tonight!! Starting off pretty well :) Trying to lose the last 20 lbs. ughhh...there will be a lot of chicken noodle soup type meals in the near future...

mks said...

i have to say. you have such a cute style in your house, your blog, everything! keep it up!

dave + kirst said...

I think that's a great resolution, I just couldn't make it myself. Maybe once I have kids or something. (Those Smith brothers and their 'I'm not eating leftovers!' Sigh. Maybe we'll convert them someday ;)

ariel said...

Did I mention I'll be eating special k for breakfast and lunch every day, janessa? I'm also trying to lose the baby weight. :(

Emily said...

This is one of my goals as well Ariel. Good luck to both of us!